Sunday, May 25, 2008

Paris IV and X

I'm leaving for Paris next Thursday, where I'm going to stay for almost a week. Besides attending the last session of Barnes' seminar on Sextus (May 29), I'm going to deliver an abridged version of a paper I've written on the Pyrrhonist's outlook on the law of non-contradiction at Paris IV (May 31) and a paper on argumentative persuasiveness in Pyrrhonism at Paris X (June 3). I hope that these will be good opportunities to test the strength and coherence of the ideas I put forward in those papers.

Update May 28:
On June 31, the venue of the conference "Certainty and Method" will actually be the Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes à la Sorbonne, not the University of Paris IV. I should note that Carlos Lévy will present the paper, "La question de la certitude chez Favorinus".

No comments:

Post a Comment