Pending approval of external funding, the Universität Hamburg invites applications for a Research Associate for the project “Maimonides Centre for Advanced Studies - Jewish Scepticism.” The position starts on 01.01.2017 and will be associated to the Institute for Jewish Philosophy and Religion at the Department of Humanities/Philosophy at the University of Hamburg. The position is remunerated at the salary level TV-L 14 and calls for 39 hours per week. The term is fixed to 28.02.2019. The University aims to increase the number of women in research and teaching and explicitly encourages women to apply. Equally qualified female applicants will receive preference in accordance with the Hamburg Equality Act.
Duties include academic services in the project named above. Research associates can also pursue independent research and further academic qualifications.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the publication series of the Maimonides Centre for Advanced Studies and conduct research within the field of (Jewish) Scepticism.
A university degree in a relevant subject plus doctorate. Furthermore the following skills and work experience are required:
- Native English language skills.
- The knowledge of additional languages relevant for the project, such as Hebrew, French, Italian, Latin, Greek or Arabic, is desirable.
- Experience in publishing and editing scientific publications (monographs, text editions, etc.).
- Profound knowledge in (Jewish) philosophy.The applicant's research should be directly connected to a field relevant to the Maimonides Centre's research focus.
- Applicants not proficient in German are expected to acquire proficiency in due time.
Severely disabled applicants will receive preference over equally qualified non-disabled applicants.
For further information, please contact Maria Wazinski, M.A. (email@example.com) or consult the Centre's website at https://www.maimonides-centre.uni-hamburg.de/en.html.
Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of degree certificate(s), a publication list and two recommendation letters. The application deadline is 20.09.2016.
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held in October 2016.